对话1
Paul: Hey,Jim ,is Jessie coming with us?
喂,Jim,Jessie和我们一起来了吗?
Jim: Yes.Why?
是的,为什么?
Paul: Nothing ,I’m just asking.
没什么,我仅仅问一下。
Jim:Just asking ? But why is your face burning like mad? Ah- huh, someone has a crush on Jessie,doesn’t he?
仅仅问一下?但是你的脸为什么变的如此热红?啊,有人已经热恋上Jessie,不是吗?
Paul: Who has a crush?!
谁热恋了?!
Jim:Come on ,paul,don’t be such a chicken.If you like her, you’ve got to tell her,Maybe she likes you.
过来,家伙,别像一个小鸡,如果你喜欢她就去告诉她,或许她会喜欢你。
Paul: But I don’t have the guts to ask her out.
但是我没有勇气叫她出来。
Jim: What’re you so afraid of?
你为什么如此害怕?
Paul:I’d totally die if she turned me down.
如果她拒绝我,我将会死掉。
Jim: But that’s better than keeping everything to youself.
但是你自己最好保持每一件事。
You’ve got to let her know .Come on! You’ve got to take a chance.
你应该去让她知道,过来!你应该去冒险。
Paul:I don’t know....Well, maybe ,you’re right ,but how an I going to tell her?
我不知道...好,或许,你是正确的,但是我要怎样去告诉她呢?
Dilogue 2
对话2
Paul:Hi,Jim ,long time ,no see!
喂,Jim好久不见了!
Jim: Yeah! How’s everything going?
是啊!一切还好吧。
Paul: Not bad! At least I’m still alive.
不太坏,至少我还活着。
Jim:Just alive? I heard you’re going out with Jane.
仅仅活着?听说你和简约会了。
Paul: Where did you get that idea?
你从哪里得到消息的?
Jim: Oh,come on .Jane is a very nice girl, someone you meet only once in a lifetime.
得了吧,简是一个好女孩,那种人生中可遇不可求的女孩子。
Paul: Yeah,you’re right.I’m not boasting ,but she’s really as beautiful as she is intelligent.
是的,你很对,不是我自夸,她确实是秀外慧中。
Jim: Well, I really envy you for finding such a girl.
好了,我真的嫉妒你找到如此好的女孩。
Paul: Come on ,man.You’ll give a better one in the future ,I bet.
算了吧,我敢打赌,你将会找一个更好的。
Jim: I hope so. By the way.please remember me to your honey.
我希望如此,顺便说一下,请代我向你的恋人问好。
Paul:Sure, I will.
可以,我将会。
Jane’s friend Jim tells Jane that she’s lucky to have Paul as her boyfriend because...
简的朋友吉姆告诉简她很幸运找到像Paul这样的男朋友,因为。。
Jim: I heard you’re going out with Paul.
我听说你在和Paul约会。
Jane:Yes. To be frank. I really love him to death.
是的,坦白地说,我真的很爱他。
Jim: You’re so lucky!
你是如此幸运!
Jane: Why do you say that?
为什么要那样说?
Jim: Why? Are you kidding me? A boy like him is so hard to find. So caring , so patient ,and ,did I mention ,so handsome?
为什么?还装作不知道?像他那样既有爱心又有耐心的男孩子很难找了,还有,我刚才说过吧,还 那么英俊。
Jane: It’s very nice of you to say so.
这样说,你真是太好了。
Jim:Well, it’s not a compliment ,I’m saying it from the bottom of my heart! It’s obvious that he’s head over heels in love with you.
好了,我不是在恭维你,我说的是真心话,显然他已经死心塌地地爱上了你。
Jane: I sure hope so.
我确实希望如此。
Dialogue 4
对话4
Jessie’s boyfriend is a very nice person, but her friend Jim is concerned about his age....
Jessie的男朋友是一个英俊的人,但是她的朋友Jim担心他的年龄。
Jim: Jessie, I know you like Tom a lot ,
Jessie,我知道你很喜欢Tom,
but what do you like abut him? Jessie: Well, there’s just something about him,Don’t you think so?
但是你特别喜欢他什么呢? 好了,他很特别,你不这样认为吗?
JimL Really? What’s this something?
真的?那个特别是什么?
Jessie: Well, he’s mature .handsome,gentle, and successful,I think he’s my Mr.Right.
啊,他成熟,英俊,有风度,又成功,我认为他是我的意中人。
Jim: He’s certainly mature,but don’t you think he’s a little old for you?He’s almost twice as old as you are!
他当然成熟,但是你不认为对你来说他有点大吗?他几乎是你年龄的两倍。
Jessie: Well, age shouldn’t be something that comes in the way of a person’s marriage.
好了,年龄将不会成为一个人结婚的障碍。
As long as we love each other,age is not an issue.It never has been!
只要我们彼此喜欢,年龄将不是问题,从来不是!
Jim:But what will others think about it?
但是你知道其他的人怎么想?
Jessie: I don’t care what others will think about us.I just know I love him and he loves me.And that’s all that matters.
我不在乎其他的人怎么看我们,我只知道他喜欢我,我喜欢他,这才是最重要的。
Dialogue 5
对话5
Jim:Hi,Tom,how have you been?
喂,Tom你过的怎么样?
Tom: Not very well.
不太好。
Jim:Why? What happened? You look so down !
为什么?发生了什么?你看起来很消沉!
Tom: Nothing.
没什么。
Jim: Come on. For a man who’s so down, there’s usually two reasons.
过来,一个人如此消沉,通常有两个理由。
Either his career is going downhill,or he has a broken heart.You’re so successful.,so....
一个是事业的每况愈下,或者有一个破碎的心,你是如此成功,因此。。
Tom: Well, you’re right,I just broke up with Jane.
你说对了,我刚和简分手。
Jim: Oh,I’m sorry ,I thought you two were made for each other.
哦,对不起,我认为你们是天造地设的一对。
Tom: Well,you never know,I’m ready for a commitment and want to settle down,
你从不知道,我准备去承担义务,想定下来。
but she says she wants to pursue her career while she’s still young.
但是她说她想去追逐她的事业,因为她还年轻。
Jim: Well,it’s always difficult to choose between career and family .
是啊,在事业和家庭之间选择总是很难的。
tom: Maybe you’re right.
或许你对了。
Jim: Paul,I don’t know what to say to comfort you, but cheer up!
Paul,我不知道说什么去安慰你,但是你要振作起来!
There’s plenty of fish out there and you’ll find your perfect match.
天涯何处无芳草!你一定会找到你理想的另一半。
Tom:Yeah,but it’s hard to forget her at the moment,You know ,we were together for such a long time. It’s really hard...
是的,但是目前忘记她很难的,你知道,我们在一起很长时间了,真的很难。