3 Commencing a Conversation
开场
You know what ?
你知道吗?(较随便)
A:You know what ?Lan’s got a divorce.
你知道吗?伊安离婚了。
B:Really?A:Yeah.He said he would never want a woman again.
真的吗?是真的,他说他以后再不想找女人了.
Guess who I saw just now?
猜猜,我刚才见到谁了?
A:Guess who I saw just now?
猜猜,我刚才见到谁了?
B:Who?A:Denis CutWood,the escaped criminal.
谁?丹尼斯卡.特伍德,那个逃犯。
B:Then you must report to the cops.
那你得去报告警察。
What’s happening with you?
出什么事了?(交随便)
A:What’s happening with you? B:I’ve lost my watch.
出什么事了?我的手表丢了。
A:How come?You were here most of the morning.
怎么会呢?上午大部分时间你都在这儿。
What’s new with you?
有什么新鲜事吗?(较随便)
A:Hi,Mike!What’s new with you ?
迈克,你好。有什么新鲜事吗?
B:Nothing.Same old thing.What about you?
没有,一切都是老样子,你呢?
A:Alive.How’s your child ?He’s cute.
还行吧。你孩子怎么样?他很聪明。
You don’t seem to be yourself today.
你今天好像很不自在似的的。(较随便)
A:You don’t seem to be yourself today,Phyllis.
菲利斯,你今天好像很不自在似的的。
B:I got a dressing-down from the teacher.A:Why?
你被老师批评了一顿。为什么?
You know what I wish?
你知道我的愿望吗?(较随便)
A:Kate,you know what I wish? B:What?
凯特,你知道我的愿望吗?什么愿望?
A:I wish to be a teacher. B:Why a teacher?
我想当个老师。为什么?
Excuse me,...
对不起,......。(通用)
A:Excuse me,is there anybody sitting here? B:No,there isn’t.
对不起,这儿有人吗?没有。
A:Thanks,I’m very lucky to get a seat.Will it take long to go to the zoo?
谢谢,能有座位运气还不错,到动物园需要好长时间吗?
Hot here,isn’t it ?
这儿真热,不是吗?(通用)
A:Hot here ,isn’t it ?
这儿真热,不是吗?
B:Want me to open the window? I’ll do it right away.
要我开窗吗?马上就去。
A:Don’t bother.Let me do it.There should be air-conditioning,don’t you think?
我来吧。应该有空调才对,你说呢?
Excuse me,you’re new here,aren’t you ?
对不起,你是新来的吧?(通用)
A:Excuse me,you’re new here,arent you?B:Yes,I am.
对不起,你是新来的吧?对。
A:Do you want me to help? B:Well,I feel puzzled by a lot of things.
要我帮忙吗?呃,好多事情我都不明白。
Excuse me,can I ask you something?
我能问你件事吗?(通用)
A:Excuse me ,can I ask you something,Mr.Jones? B:Ok,go ahead.
我能问你件事?好的,请讲。
A:Do you happen to know Mr.Johnson in the Sales Department?
您认识销售部的约翰逊先生吗?
B:Yes,I do .He is a nice young man,ready to help all the time.
是的,认识.他是一个很不错的年轻人,总是乐于助人.
By the way,...
顺便问一下,...。(通用)
A:By the way,what time is it,please? B:7:30.
顺便问一个,几点了?7:30.
A:Thank you.The speaker is very late.Why?
谢谢,讲话的人来得太晚了.怎么回事呢?
How was...?
......怎么样?(通用)
A:How was your weekend,Tony?
托尼,周不过得怎么样?
B:It was wonderful.We climbed the mountain and slept on the top for the night.
好极了,我们爬了山,在山顶上过的夜。
A:Sounds good!
听起来错。
You seem...
你好像......。(通用)
A:You seem troubled,Dick.What’s up?
迪克,你好像很烦恼.发生了什么事?
B:My good friend David has been ill for a long time.
我的好朋友戴维病了很长时间了。
A:Cheer up.He’ll be fine soon.
别担心了,他很快就会好起来的。
I Have some good/bad news.
我有好/坏消息告诉你。(通用)
A:Bob,I have good news for you. B:What is it?
鲍伯,我有好消息告诉你.什么消息?
A:One of your good friends is coming this evening.
你的一个好朋友今晚要来。
Don’t you think that...
你不认为......?(通用)
A:Don’t you think that juvenile delinquency is on the increase?
你不认为瑶少年犯罪正在上升吗?
B:Yeah.Maybe it is because of the violence on cartoons and movies.
是呀,或许是由于那些卡通片和电影上的暴力镜头造成的。
A:Maybe there’s something wrong with our society.
也许是我们社会的问题吧。
B:Why do you say so?
为什么?
You know...I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time.
你知道,...,我一直都想给你打电话。(通用)
A:You know ,Jane.I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time.
珍,你知道我一直都想给你打个电话。
B:Then why not just call? A:I don’t know how to express myself.
那为什么没有打呢?我不知道该怎么说才好。
Do excuse me ,may I ask you a question?
请原谅,我能问你个问题吗?
A:Do excuse me,Miss Green,may I ask you a question? B:What’s it ?
格林小姐,我能问你个问题吗?什么问题?
A:What’s the typical animal in Australia?
澳大利亚的典型动物是什么?
B:It’s kangaroo,an interesting animal with short front legs.
是袋鼠,很有意思的,前腿很短。
Sorry.I couldn’t help overhearing.Did you mention...just now?
对不起,我无意中听到的,你刚才提到...了吗?(较正式)
A:Sorry,I couldn’t help overhearing.Did you mention Hugh just now?
对不起,我无意中听到的,你刚才提到修了吗?
B:Yeah.Why?
提到了,问这个干嘛?
A:Hugh is going to be made manager of the department.You know that?
修要被行为会议主席了,你知道吗?
Wouldn’t you say that...?
你不认为...?
A:Wouldn’t you say that Lucy is a bright girl?
你不认为露西是个聪明的女孩吗?
B:Why do you ask such a question?
你怎么想起问这个问题来了?
A:Because every time I raise a question,she is the first to put up her hand .
因为我每次提问,好都第一个举手,
And she’s always right.
而且每次都答对.
B:No wonder you like her so much?
难怪你那么喜欢她。
Wouldn’t you agree that...
我不认为......?(较正式)
A:Wouldn’t you agree that the law should be made more severe? B:Why?
你不认为法律应该再严厉些吗?为什么这么说?
A:If this is the case,Will there be a lot of criminals?
如果这样,还会有那么多罪犯吗?