Chapter 60 Agreement ;第六十章 同意
Great minds think alike. ;英雄所见略同。
A:I’m sick of this rush hour traffic. ;A:我最讨厌上下班时 拥挤的交通。
B:That makes two of us. B:So am I. ;B:我也是 (讨厌这种事)。 B:我有同感。
A:Isn’t it freezing out today? B:Tell me about it! ;A:今天外面不是很冻吗? B:是啊!(可不是嘛!)
A:Wasn’t that test hard? B:You don’t have to tell me! ;A:那场考试可真难? B:这还用得着你说吗!
A:I bet you’ll report me to the boss now. ;A:我敢说你一定会去跟 老板说我的坏话。
B:You’re damn right I will. ;B:你他妈的说中了, 我正是要这么做。
A:What do you think? I’m lying? B:Damn straight! ;A:怎么? 你以为我在撒谎吗? B:正是!
A:I’m the best there is. B:Yeah,right! ;A:我是世界上 最厉害的人。 B:是啊,那还会错吗!
B:Oh,sure! ;B:那是当然的?
Chapter 61 Being Accurate ;第六十一章 正确
That’s about right. More or less. ;那就差不多了。 是有那么一点儿。
You hit the nail on the head. His answer was right on the mark. ;你回答得分毫不差。 他的答案不偏不倚, 正中要点。
Bingo! He knew I was right. ;中头彩了,答对了。 他早就知道我说的没错。
It’s right on the money. It’s right on the bull’s-eye. ;这做得恰到好处。 它正中红心。
That’s the general idea. ;大体上就是这意思。
If it’s in the dictionary,then it’s so. ;如果字典这么说, 那大概错不了。
Every now and then,a letter comes across my desk that is so pertinent, ;偶尔我会在案头收 到一封鞭辟入里,
so right on. ;写来恰到好处的信。
Chapter 62 What’s the Plan? ;第六十二章 有何计划
What now? Now what? What are you up to? ;现在该怎么办? 现在又怎么了? 你在盘算什么?
A:What do we do now? ;A:现在咱们该怎么办?
B:Same as we planned. ;B:按原计划进行。
What’s your next step? What next? ;下一步要怎么办? 再来呢?
What’s your immediate plans? ;接下来要做什么?
Made your plan? What’s this great plan of yours? ;你都计划好了吗? 你这是什么大计划啊?
Chapter 63 Coming up With Ideas ;第六十三章 构想
Let’s draw up a plan. Let’s get organized. ;咱们来订个方案吧。 有条理的规划一下。
Two heads are better than one. ;三个臭皮匠, 胜过一个诸葛亮。
I have this funny idea spinning in my head. ;这古怪的念头, 一直萦绕在我的心里。
Wait,let me jot it down. Your imagination is running wild. ;等一下,先让我草记下来 你的想象力太狂野。
Looks like he’s had another brainstorm. ;好像他又灵光一现了。
Chapter 64 Strategies ;第六十四章 策略
Plan ahead. There’s more than one way to skin a cat. ;要预先做好策划。 条条道路通罗马。
Don’t re-inventing the wheel. ;不要重炒冷饭。
If this scheme works it’ll take us to the bank. ;如果这项计划奏效, 我们会会大财。
This shortcut can save you valuable time. ;这条捷径节省 你不少宝贵的时间。
If we must,we must. ;如果非做不可, 只好横下心来。
The safest way is the best way. ;最安全的路子, 就是最好的途径。
Better safe than sorry. ;事先讲求安全, 总比事后悔恨划算。
Let’s kill two birds with one stone. ;我们来个一石两鸟之计。
You can’t have your cake and eat it too. ;鱼与熊掌不可兼得。
You can’t make a chicken soup without plucking a few chickens. ;偷鸡总得蚀把米。
A good offense is the best defense. ;强劲的攻击, 即是最佳的防备。
Let’s fight fire with fire. ;以火攻火,以毒攻毒。
We’ll ad-lib. This is my last resort. ;我们会随机应变。 这是我孤注一掷的办法。
This is my show.Let me plan it my way. ;这是一出我要演的戏。
We’re right on schedule. We’re right on track. ;我们按原进度,没半点儿 延误。 我们走对了路。
Man proposes,God disposes. ;谋事在人,成事在天。
Chapter 65 Good Idea! ;第六十五章 好主意
Good thinking! Sounds great! ;想得好! 这个主意听起来 挺不错的。
It’s pretty convincing. ;这种说法很教人信服。
I’m all for it. I’m up for that. ;我全然赞同。 我赞同那种意见。
Sounds divine! Sounds logical! ;这个主意,来自天上! 说得有道理!
It’s an A-I idea. Very imaginative. ;这是个好主意。 很有想象力。
It doesn’t sound half bad. That’s a brilliant strategy. ;听起来还不错嘛。 那是聪明绝顶的计策。
That’s a pure stroke of genius. ;那是很聪明的一招。
I’m hooked on that idea.Let’s do it. ;我被这主意吸引住了, 咱们就照着办吧。
It sounds good. I’ll sleep on it. ;这主意不错, 我会考虑接受它。
I wish I’d thought of it. ;巴不得我也能 想出这种点子。
That’s certainly food for thought. ;那倒真是值得教人 一想再想的事情。
I give two thumbs up. ;我极力赞成。
I’d say it’s crazy, but let’s try it. ;这真是异想天开, 但不妨一试。
Chapter 66 Carrying Out a Plan ;第六十六章 执行计划
It’s still on paper. ;还在纸上谈兵的阶段呢!
There are still a few blanks to the filled in. ;尚有部分缺失, 有待处理。
He has big ideas. He’s all talk,no action. ;他堂皇的计划不少。 他崇尚空谈而不务实际。
Talk is cheap. How about some action? ;光动口还不省事, 你何妨做给我看?
Most great ideas are taken to the grave. ;最佳良策,伴黄土长眠。
May we proceed? ;我们可以开始进行了吗?
Chapter 67 To Oppose Plans ;第六十七章 反对计划
It needs something. It needs work. ;好像还少了点什么。 还要再费点儿功夫才行。
It’s perfect,except for one thing. ;除了一点之外, 可说是十全十美了。
He shoots down every proposal I make. ;他对我的每项 建议都唱反调。
It’s an ill-conceived plan. This project is not viable. ;这是一宗想不周 到的计划。 这项工程成功无望。
The proposals are myopic. I can’t put my name on that. ;这些建议目光浅短。 不能让它来玷污 我的好名声。
I can’t put my signature on that. It doesn’t pay. ;我不赞同那种事。 到头来这不划算。
You’re putting the cart before the horse. ;你这是本末倒置的做法。
I guess my approach isn’t too subtle. ;我想我做得不够圆滑。
What a stupid move! Scratch that theory. ;多蠢的一招。 甩掉那种理论。
Cross out that possibility. ;不要妄想那种可能。
She does everything the hard way. ;她都是挑最难的 方法做事。
Chapter 68 Change of Plans ;第六十八章 更改计划
Abort the plan! Back to basics. ;取消这想计划! 让我们再回到最基层。
It’s time for plan B. ;这是采取变通办法 的时刻了。
The expansion plans are on ice for now. ;目前扩建计划已被搁置。
Many projects were placed on the back burner. ;许多工程被暂时搁置。
That proposal is dead in the water. ;那项提议已胎死腹中。
Chapter 69 Dining Out ;第六十九章 上馆子
Let’s go dine out tonight. ;今晚我们到外面去用餐。
What a bargain!All you can eat for only $5.00. ;吃饱为止只收5块钱。 真是太划算了。
It’s eat-until-you-bust night at Phil’s restaurant. ;今夜在菲尔餐厅有 任君吃饱,同一优 惠价之晚餐。
Knock yourself out! The food here is out of this world! ;你尽管吃喝个痛快吧! 这儿的事物人间 难得几回有!
The food served in that greasy spoon is quite delicious. ;那家小吃店做的菜, 蛮好吃的。
This greasy spoon offers more than twenty entrees. ;这家小吃店供应 二十几种菜肴。
This is an authentic Japanese restaurant. ;这是一家正宗的 日本馆子。
Do you have reservations? Will this be for here or to go? ;你们预定了位子吗? 堂吃还是外卖?
May I take your order? What would you like, ma’am? ;可以点菜了吗? 你想点些什么呢, 女士?
Anything to start with? ;要先来点儿什么吃的吗?
What do you recommend ,waiter? ;跑堂的,你能推荐 什么可口的菜吗?
The house special tonight is smoked salmon. ;今晚的特别料理 是熏鲑鱼。
I’ll have a burger with the works. ;我要一份什么作料都掺 的汉堡。
I’ll have the fillet of flounder. ;给我一份比目鱼片。
A:How do you want your eggs? B:Scrambled,please. ;A:你的蛋要怎么吃法? B:请做成炒蛋。
B:Sunny side up. B:Over easy. B:Over medium. ;B:把一边煎嫩。 B:把两边都煎嫩。 B:把两边都煎熟。
B:Hard-boiled. ;B:白煮蛋。
A:That’s a good choice. ;A:选得好。
A:How would you like your steak? ;B:你的牛排要怎么 个吃法?
B:Make it well done, please. ;B:请把它完全弄熟。
A:How would you like it cooked? ;A:你的牛排要怎么 个烧法?
B:Make it medium rare,please. ;B:请弄成半生不熟。
I’d like a side order of fries. Excellent choice. ;我想要炸薯条当副食。 你点的菜很高明。
A:Excuse me,waiter. Can I have some water,please? ;A:抱歉,招待,请你给 我一点儿水好吗?
B:Sure.Is tap water okay? ;B:没问题。 自来水可以吗?
A:I’d prefer bottled (mineral )water. ;A:我比较喜欢瓶装 的(矿泉)水。
It’s just an appetizer.The main course is coming. ;这只是开胃菜, 主菜随后来。
Here you are.Enjoy. Mind if I join you? ;菜来了,请慢用。 我跟你同桌, 你不介意吧?
Can I have a doggie bag? ;请将剩菜打包。
Leaving her a ten dollar tip is more than plenty. ;留给她10块小费, 已够多的啦!
He gives a lousy tip. ;他给的小费少得可笑。
It’s customary to tip,sir. ;先生,按规矩通常客人 是要付小费的。
Usually they give a tip,sir. ;通常大家都会给小费的, 先生。
Chapter 70 Treating Someone ;第七十章 请客
I’ll pick up the tab. Coffee’s on me. ;我来付账。 我来付咖啡的帐。