Molly:
How’s business?
你怎么样?
Gordon:
Only so-so, and you?
只是一般般,你呢?
Molly:
Things couldn’t be better, I quit smoking. I feel like a new person.
没有比这更好的了,我戒烟了。我感觉象个新人。
Gordon:
May I ask you a few questions about your new life?
我能就你的新生活问一些问题吗?
Molly:
Shoot. Anything for you!
问吧。对你什么都成!
Gordon:
Cool, now that you stopped smoking, how much do you weigh? How fat are you? Shouldn’t you go on a diet?
酷,现在你不吸烟了,你的体重是多少?你有多胖?你不应该减肥吗?
Molly:
How dare you ask such a question? That is quite rude.
你怎么敢问这样的问题?这很粗鲁。
Gordon:
Sorry about that, I will ask another question. How old are you?
对不起,我要问另一个问题。你多大了?
Molly:
Oh my god, a lady never tells.
噢,天啊,女人从不说这个。
Gordon:
You must be elderly if you don’t want to say. Well, I only have one question left.
如果你不想说,你肯定老了。唔,我只剩一个问题了。
Molly:
You had better not ask about my salary -- that would be rude.
你最好不要问我的薪水--那么做很粗鲁。
Gordon:
I don’t want to know how much you rake in, I just want to know how much you will lend me?
我不想知道你挣多少,我只想知道你可以借给我多少?
Molly:
Finally a question I am willing to answer. The answer is zero. Zip, nil. One minus one.
终于问了一个我愿意回答的问题。答案是零。什么都没有,零蛋。一减一。
Gordon:
Man, fat old people are not very nice.
伙计,肥胖的老人不太好。