Housing 住房
Warming-up Dialogues 热身对话
Dialogue 1
英语情景对话1
A: I understand that you‘ve got an apartment to lease. Mr.Steve. Will you please tell me what the room is like?
甲:史蒂夫先生,我知道您有套房子想出租。您能讲一下房子的情况吗?
B: Sure. It’s a room for twa people, nice and bright.
乙:好的。那是间不错的双人房,很明亮。
A: Then what about the rent?
甲:请问租金是多少?
B: 200 dollars per month, including everything.
乙:每月200美元,一切费用都包括在内。
A: Sounds just wonderful. I wonder if I could come over and have a look.
甲:听起来还蛮不错的。我现在可以去看一下吗?
B: Certainly. I‘ll be expecting you around nine.
乙:当然可以。九点钟左右我在家等你。
Dialogue 2
英语情景对话2
A: May I come in?
甲:可以进来吗?
B: Yeah,please do. Now let me show you the house.
乙:请进。我来带你看一看房子吧。
A: This seems a pretty nice room, I should say.
甲:应该说房子还是相当不错的。
B: You bet. This is the nicest room in this district. You know what, I just had all the walls repainted last month.
乙:你说对了。这是这一区最好的房子了。你知道吗,上个月我刚把所有的墙壁粉刷了一下。
A: What about the kitchen?
甲:厨房怎么样?
B: It’s a well-furnished eat-in kitchen. The stove and the ice-hox are in good order, and the plumbing is OK, too.
乙:厨房设施很全,可以在里面吃饭。炉灶和冰箱均正常,管道也没问题。
A: I see. I‘d like to live here for about three years.
甲:明白了。我想在这里大约住上三年。
B: Terrific? When are you moving in?
乙:太好了。你什么时候搬进来?
A: Next Saturday at the earliest.
甲:最早也得下个周六。
Dialogue 3
英语情景对话3
A: What a house!
甲:这房子真糟糕透顶!
B: I’m sick of it, too.
乙:我也很烦它。
A: The door bell refuses to work, and the sink is leaking.
甲:门铃不响,水池也漏水。
B: I couldn‘t put up with it any more.
乙:我再也受不了了!
Hints语言提示
1.....you’ve got an apartment to let. to let 意为“出租”。let 一词除了有使役动词的含义之外,还有实意动词“出租”之意。如: The door with the
words “ta let” on it is tightly closed. 写有“出租”两字的那扇门关得紧紧的。
2.I should say 意为“我得说……”,口语化表达。
3.You know what... 意为“你知道吗……”,用以引出下面的话题。也是非常口语化的表达方式。
4.repaint /v. 给……重新上漆
5.be in good order 意为“运转正常,状态良好”。如: All the parts of the machine are in good order now.目前机器的所有部件均在正常运转。
6.more in 意为“搬进,人住”。如: We moped in to the new apartment last week.上周我们搬进了新居。
7.at the earliest 最早
(实习编辑:于晓伟)