Shirley:
Hello, let me introduce myself. I’m your neighbor. My name is Shirley.
你好,首先让我做个自我介绍。我是你的邻居,我叫雪莉。
John:
Hi, Shirley. I’m John. It’s nice to meet you.
你好,雪莉,我叫约翰。见到你非常高兴。
Shirley:
Nice to meet you, too.
我也非常高兴见到你。
John:
Please come in.
请进。
Shirley:
Here is a little gift for your family. It’s a calendar with all the community events on it. I hope it can be helpful.
这是给你们家的一点小礼物。是一本台历,上面列出了所有的社区活动。希望这能对你们有帮助。
John:
I really appreciate it.
非常感谢。
Shirley:
Since we are neighbors, if you need any help or anything, please come to me.
既然我们是邻居,如果你需要任何东西或帮助,都可以来找我。
John:
I will. Actually, I am worried so much about the security of this community because my house has been burgled twice before.
我会的。事实上,我非常担心这个社区的安全问题,因为我们家以前被盗过两次。
Shirley:
Oh, don’t worry about that here. There are security guards on duty 24 hours a day and they patrol all over the neighborhood. You know, they are all very strong.
噢,在这儿不用担心。这儿一天24小时都有保安值班,他们会在社区里巡逻,而且他们都非常强壮。
John:
Really? That’s good. Is there any supermarket in our neighborhood?
是吗?那太好了。那我们社区里有超市吗?
Shirley:
Of course. There is a Carrefour near the neighborhood. I’ll show you there if you want to.
当然有啊。在我们社区附近有个家乐福超市。你要想去的话,我带你去。
John:
That’s terrific!
那太棒了!
Shirley:
By the way, a party will be held for new neighbors the day after tomorrow; I hope I can see you there.
顺便说一声,后天会有一个为迎接新邻居而开的晚会,希望你能参加。
John:
Yeah, and we can get to know each other at the party.
好啊,在晚会上我们可以相互了解。
Shirley:
That sounds good! I’ve gotta go.
恩,听起来不错。我要走了。
John:
OK, come and visit anytime.
好的,欢迎随时来访。
Shirley:
Thanks for the invitation. I will!
谢谢你的邀请。我会的!