John:
Hey, Shirley. The party has been wonderful. My wife and my children have enjoyed it very much, and me too.
你好,雪莉。晚会太棒了。我的老婆和孩子都非常喜欢,当然我自己也非常喜欢。
Shirley:
I’ve said you will enjoy your life here!
我说过你会喜欢这儿的生活的。
John:
I surely will. By the way, is the party like this held every weekend in our neighborhood?
一定。对了,我们小区每个星期都会有这样的晚会吗?
Shirley:
Oh, I’ve forgotten to tell you. The party is held every other week. And every family gives their own performance each time.
噢,我忘记告诉你了。晚会每隔一个星期开一次,而且每个家庭都要表演节目。
John:
My children would like that; they like dancing very much.
我的孩子们会喜欢的,他们非常喜欢跳舞。
Shirley:
That’s good!
那太好了!
John:
Look! Who is that guy on the stage?
看那边,舞台上的那个人是谁啊?
Shirley:
Oh, my God! That’s my husband, Benjamin.
噢,天哪!那是我的丈夫,本杰明。
John:
Really?
真的吗?
Shirley:
He likes American Idol very much, and he always imitates the contestant at home. I can’t believe he got on the stage himself.
他非常喜欢看《美国偶像》这个节目,他经常在家模仿那些参赛选手。真不敢相信他居然自己上舞台了。
John:
He performs very well. He is so funny!
他表演得非常好,他非常有趣!
Shirley:
OK, just ignore him. I’ve noticed there are lots of exercise facilities in our community. After dinner you can go there for a walk with your family!
好了,别理他。我留意到我们小区里有很多健身设施,吃完晚饭你可以和家人去那里散步。
John:
OK, that’s perfect! By the way, is there any playground in our neighborhood?
那太好了。对了,我们小区里有运动场吗?
Shirley:
Yes, there is one behind our building. And you can play tennis there. But if you want to play tennis there, they will change you 30 Yuan per hour.
有啊,在我们那栋楼后面就有一个。你可以在那里打网球,但不是免费的,一小时30元。
John:
OK, got it! Thank you so much. You have helped me a lot!
好的,我知道了!谢谢你给了我那么多的帮助。
Shirley:
You are welcome! We are neighbors!
不用谢!我们是邻居啊!
对话讲解:
every other 每隔…的
Take this medicine with warm water every other day.
这药每隔一天随温水服一次。
imitate vt. 效法;模仿
The little boy imitated his father.
这小男孩模仿他的父亲。
go for a walk 去散步
I’ d rather stay at home than go for a walk.
我宁愿留在家中,不愿出去散步。