1.4.3 Satisfaction 满意
A: Hello, Anna speaking!
A:你好,我是安娜。
B: Hey, Anna, this is Jason.
B:嘿,安娜,我是詹森。
A: Jason, where have you been hiding lately? You know it’s been a long time since your last call. Have you been good?
A:詹森!你最近躲到哪里去了?你知道,从上次打电话到现在已经好久了,最近好不好?
B: Yes. How are you, Anna?
B:很好,你怎么样,安娜?
A: I am fine. What have you been doing?
A:我很好,最近你忙什么呢?
B: Working. I’ve been really busy these days. I got a promotion.
B:工作。这些天我特忙,我升职了。
A: That’s great, congratulations!
A:太好了,恭喜恭喜!
B: Thanks. I am feeling pretty good about myself too. You know, bigger office, a raise and even an assistant.
B:谢谢,我自我感觉也挺良好的。你知道,办公室大了,加了薪水,甚至还有个助理。
A: That’s good. So I guess I’ll have to make an appointment to see you.
A:不错,我猜我要见你的话得预约了。
B: You are kidding.
B:开玩笑。
A: How long have you been working there?
A:你在那家公司干多久了?
B: A bit over two years. This is a fast-moving company, and seniority isn’t the only factor in deciding promotions.
B:两年多一点,这是一家发展很快的公司,资历在这儿不是决定升职的惟一标准。
A: How do you like your new boss?
A:你的新老板怎么样?
B: She is very nice and open-minded.
B:她人很好,思想也很开明。
A: Much better than the last one, huh?
A:比上一个好多了,是吧?
B: Yeah. He was a real slave driver. He probably would have loved it if we were robots.
B:是的,上一个真是个奴隶主,他简直把我们当机器人了。
A: Forget about him. Come over to my house tonight. Let’s get drunk.
A:忘了他吧,今晚到我家来,咱们一醉方休。
B: Good. Tonight 8 o’clock.
B:好的,今晚八点。
A: 8 it is. See you then.
A:说定了,回见。
B: Bye.
B:再见。
注释:
“slave driver”原来指“监督奴隶工作的人”,本文里引申为“苛刻的上司”。