Annoyance 厌烦
Warming-up Dialogues 热身对话
Dialogue 1
英语情景对话1
A: You don‘tseem to like Beijing Opera very much.
甲:你好像并不喜欢京剧。
B: To tell you the truth, it really turns me off.
乙:说实话,我挺烦京剧的。
A: Same feeling here.
甲:我也是。
B: To me it’s just like listening to a language completely unknown.
乙:就我而言,听京剧就像听一门完全不懂的外语似的。
Dialogue 2
英语情景对话2
A: Mr. Smith is really a thorough drag.
甲:史密斯先生真让人讨厌。
B: What is it?
乙:怎么了?
A: His endless talking about,stocks almost bares me to death.
甲:他总是没完没了地谈股票,都快烦死我了。
B: Don‘t you like to know anything about stocks?
乙:难道你不想多了解点股票行情吗?
A: I’m not at all keen on this subject.
甲:我对这个话题根本不感兴趣。
Hints 语言提示
1.To tell you the truth, it really turns me off,词组 to tell the truth = truth to tell,意为“说实话,实际是”。词组 turn off 除了其常 用的含义“关掉伙外,还可做“使失去兴趣”讲。如: Popular music really turns me off. 流行音乐确实使我很厌烦。
2.a thorough drag 极讨厌的人或物,累赘
3....almost bores me to death. bore v. 使烦扰。bore sb. to death 使某人烦得要死。
4.be keen on sth. 对……很热心
(实习编辑:于晓伟)