Daniel:
Mom, I’m starving.
妈妈,我饿死了。
Shirley:
Here are some biscuits. Why are you back so early today?
这有些饼干。你今天怎么回来这么早?
Daniel:
My teacher had a sudden stomachache, so the class was cut shot. You?
老师突然胃疼,所以课提前结束了。你呢?
Shirley:
Me what?
我什么?
Daniel:
You are cooking at least two hours earlier than the usual.
你做饭至少比平时早两个小时。
Shirley:
It’s not for us.
不是给我们的。
Daniel:
Then it’s for Dad, isn’t it? It’s so unfair!
你是给爸爸做的吧?不公平!
Shirley:
Don’t be a smarty-pants. It’s for Grandma Wang.
别自作聪明了。是给王奶奶准备的。
Daniel:
What was that again?
你再说一遍是什么?(我刚才没有听清楚)
Shirley:
It’s for Grandma Wang. She is sick and her only daughter went abroad weeks ago. So she needs our help.
这是给王奶奶准备的。她病了,她的女儿又在几周前出国了,她需要我们的帮助。
Daniel:
I’m sorry, I didn’t know that. But I wanna help.
对不起,我不知道。我也要帮忙。
Shirley:
Umm, let me think for a moment. We can meet her together after I finish cooking.
嗯,我想一下(看你要怎么做)。等我做完饭我们可以一起去看望她。
Daniel:
I’ll get knee to knee with her.
我要和她好好地坐一起(聊天)。
Shirley:
Good boy. I can only imagine how happy she will be to see you.
好孩子。我可以想象她见到你一定特别高兴。