Sometimes all this is just hard to believe.
有时候,这一切都让人难以相信。
I mean, I’m living in Paris now. And that’s the Eiffel Tower over there.
我的意思是,我现在住在巴黎。而埃菲尔铁塔就在那边。
When I was in college, all I thought about was coming to this city.
当我还在上大学的时候,我满脑子想的都是到这个城市来。
I was gonna live in an attic appartment and work in Skakespeare & Co. while I wrote my novel.
我会住在一间阁楼公寓里,一边在莎士比亚书店上班一边写我的小说。
I had fantasy about falling in love with a tragically detached French girl that I would finally break through to when I kiss her in front of the tourists up there, at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
我曾经幻想着在这里爱上一名超脱到悲怆的法国姑娘,然后终有一天,在埃菲尔铁塔的顶上,在那么多游客的面前,冲破一切世俗去亲吻她。
I got through some very tough time thinking about this city.
那时候,当我幻想着这座城市的时候,我有过一段很潦倒的日子。
But right now I’m actually here with the woman I love.
而现在我却真的到这来了,还和我所爱的女子在一起。
And the Eiffel Tower is right there.
而且埃菲尔铁塔就在那边。
However, I somehow keep having the feeling that I cannot really enjoy it because at any moment something terrible could happen.
只是,我还是忍不住觉得我不能够全心全意享受这一切,因为任何时候都可能有不好的事情发生。
Sometimes life just doesn’t seem real. Sometimes it just feels like you’re living in a dream.
有时候生活给人的感觉就是这么不真实。有时候你简直就像是生活在梦里。
But there’s one thing I’m sure of. And it’s that I’ve made a promise and I’m gonna keep it.
不过,有一件事我却能确认。那就是我已经许下了一个承诺,并且我会遵守这个承诺。
I’ve promised my love that we’re gonna build a future together and I’m gonna kiss her at the top of the Eiffel Tower, in front of all those tourists.
我已经向我所爱的人许诺,我们会一起搭建自己的未来,并且,我还会在埃菲尔铁塔的顶上,在那么多的游客面前,给她一个吻。
This promise makes my days feel real.
是这个承诺让我的生活有了真实感。
Maybe life itself doesn’t have to be totally real. What really matters is our feeling towards those who we care about.
或许,生活本身并不一定得是真实的。真正重要的东西,是我们对那些心念之人抱有的情感。
I can no longer thinkg about a future without her. A future without her is no future at all.
我已经无法想象一个没有她的未来了。一个没有她的未来,根本就不是未来。
Yes, love is my reality.
是的,这份爱情就是我的现实。
Thank you, my love, for coming into my life.
感谢你,我的爱,感谢你来到我的生命中。