(1)
I shot an arrow in the air,我向空中射了一箭,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;它已落到地面,我不知道其去向;
For so swiftly it flew, the sight 因它飞得如此地快速
Could not follow it in its flight.视力无法跟得上它的飞驰。
(2)
I breathed a song into the air,我向空中轻歌一曲,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;它已落地而停,我不知其去向;
For who has sight so keen and strong,谁有这么敏锐的视力,
That it can follow the flight of song? 能跟得上歌声的飞驰?
(3)
Long, long afterward, in an oak 很久,很久以后,在一棵橡树上,
I found the arrow still unbroke;我发现它依然完好无损;
And the song, from beginning to end,而这首歌,从头到尾,
I found again in the heart of a friend.我发现又深印在一位友人的心上。
by H. W. Longfellow