在YouTube上,有一个微电影被许多评论家评为反科学(Anti-technology)。这个视频由Gary Turk编写、表演并执导。
I have 422 friends, yet I amlonely
我有422个朋友,但我还是孤伶伶的。
I speakto all of them every day, yet none of them really know me.
我每天跟他们所有人说话,但他们没有一人真正了解我。
The problem I have sits in thespaces between
我所拥有的问题,存在於那之中的空间
Lookinginto their eyes, or at a name on a screen.
是要看著他们的双眼,或是看著萤幕上的名字
I took a step back and opened myeyes,
我向后退了一步,并睁开我的双眼,
I lookedaround and realized,
我环顾四周,发现,
Thismedia we call social is anything but
这个我们称作社交的媒体一点也不社交
When weopen our computers and it’s our doors we shut.
当我们打开我们的电脑,我们就关上了那道门。
All this technology we have, it’sjust an illusion,
我们拥有的所有这些科技,只是个假象
Communitycompanionship, a sense of inclusion, yet
社会的陪伴、一种包容感,然而
When youstep away from this device of delusion
当你远离这个欺瞒的装置,
Youawaken to see a world of confusion,
你会觉醒看见这个充满混淆的世界,
A worldwhere we’re slaves to the technology we mastered
一个我们受到我们精通的科技所奴役的世界
Whereinformation gets sold by some rich greedy bastard,
在那儿资讯被某些富有贪婪的混蛋出卖,
A worldof self interest, self image, self promotion
一个充斥个人利益、个人影像、个人推广的世界
Where weall share our best bits, but leave out the emotion.
在那儿我们全都分享我们最好的一面,但将情绪抛诸脑后。
We’re at our most happy with anexperience we share,
我们在分享经验时是最快乐的,
But isit the same if no one is there?
但如果没人同在,还会是一样的吗?
Be there for your friends andthey’ll be there too,
对你的朋友伸出援手,他们也会同等付出
But noone will be if a group message will do.
但如果有个群组讯息可以做到的话,就没人会去做。
We edit and exaggerate, craveadulation.
我们编辑、夸大、渴望得到奉承。
Wepretend not to notice the social isolation.
我们假装没有注意到社交孤立。
We putour words into order and tint our lives a glistening.
我们将我们的文字依序编排,将我们的生活点缀得闪闪发光。
We don’teven know if anyone is listening.
我们甚至不晓得是否有任何人在倾听。
Being alone isn’t a problem,
孤独并不是个问题,
Let mejust emphasize, if you read a book, paint a picture, or do some exercise.
让我就再强调,如果你读本书、画幅画、或做些运动
You’rebeing productive and present, not reserved and recluse.
你是具有生产力且活在当下的,不是沉默且孤独的。
You’rebeing awake and attentive and putting your time to good use.
你正清醒且全心投入,并有效利用你的时间
So whenyou’re in public, and you start to feel alone
所以当你处在群众之中,你开始感到孤单的时候,
Put yourhands behind your head, step away from the phone.
就将你的双手放在头的后面,远离手机。
Youdon’t need to stare at your menu, or at your contact list.
你不需要盯著你的选单,或是你的通讯录。